Yoga is Offered in Waukesha
Yoga for athletes is a class offered for athletes involved in any sport or regular strenuous workouts. The yoga practice is designed to help keep overworked/overstressed muscles and joints healthy. By incorporating yoga into the athlete’s traditionally rigorous training regimen, he/she will experience:
- Faster recovery after workouts – Fibers shorten during effort and response accumulating lactic acid. Yoga elongates muscle fibers, moving lactic acid and oxygenating the muscles.
- Improved overall strength and balance – Practicing yoga postures helps to stabilize joints, strengthen stabilizing muscles, and gain better awareness of where your body is in space.
- The opening up of tight areas that hinder performance – Stretching tight muscles encourages use of full, appropriate range of motion.
- Strengthened mental focus and concentration – Holding challenging poses teaches ways to cope in an intense situation, bringing awareness to your form and breath to make the situation manageable.
- Injury Prevention – The majority of injuries athletes experience are overuse injuries. Imbalances in the body cause the body to function slightly out of alignment, leaving the athlete vulnerable to injury. Together with the talented performance coaches, Kate will help to achieve the symmetrical alignment necessary to keep the athlete safe.
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Thursday 9:00 AM –10:00 AM
$15.00–Drop-In // $130–10 Class Package
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-719-6366
Kate is a long time practitioner of Hatha Yoga. The benefits she experienced from her own yoga practice motivated her to complete a teacher training program in 2001. Her primary focus is on alignment and creating a safe environment for all individuals to explore and maximize their own strengths. As a mother of 3 athletes (football player, baseball player, and equestrian), Kate quickly recognized the need for yoga in any demanding training program. She began studying the benefits of yoga for athletes or anyone involved in regular strenuous workouts and is thrilled to be offering it at NX Level. With playfulness, clear language and a heart centered approach, Kate offers each student the opportunity to open up to discover their full potential.